LINGUINI WITH BROCCOLI RABE
Linguini with Broccoli Rabe
1 Head of garlic
GF Linguini - or regular if you do gluten
Crushed Red Chili Flakes
2 Bottles Clam Juice
Salt and Pepper
1) First thing you need to do is roast your garlic. To do this, slice off the top of the head, just exposing some of the bulbs inside. Place in a small cooking vessel - I have a very tiny copper pot that I use only for roasting garlic. Cover with olive oil and roast in the over, 300° degrees, for 25 minutes or so. Allow to cool.
2) Get a large pot going with your pasta water - salt and olive oil. Bring it to a boil.
3) While the water is coming to a boil, carefully remove the roasted cloves from the head, and place those in another small sauce pan - along with some more olive oil. Add in some julienned sundried tomatoes, your crushed red chili flakes - (you get to determine how much) some salt and pepper. Turn the heat up on this and allow it to start simmering. Once it is at a nice simmer - add in your clam juice, and again, simmer while you cook your pasta.
4) By now, your pasta water should be boiling, so cooking it according to package directions.
5) Quickly prep your Broccoli Rabe - I cut off the very bottom, and then rough chop it in 2 inch pieces. Wash and spin please. Once your pasta has come back to a boil, add in the Broccoli Rabe to the same pot, and cook until the pasta is bite tender. Remove about 1/2 cup of your pasta water and add it to your garlic/clam juice mixture and then drain the pasta.
6) Put the pasta back into the large pot, add in the garlic/clam juice sauce, stir, and serve. Goes great with a Tomato Caprese Salad, some crusty bread, (GF here of course!) and a nice glass of wine.